Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sandy

Whoever thought we'd have to deal with a hurricane in Cleveland? We are certainly nowhere near as damaged and devastated as New Jersey or New York, but there are a lot of people here still without power. Everywhere I go there are power lines still down and big old trees slowly being removed from the street or yards.

Most of the stop lights around us are back up (thank goodness). I don't know what is so hard about remembering to treat it as a 4 way stop when it's out, but you'd be surprised the number of people that blow through them. We kept power through everything (though it went off and on about 10 times) and only lost tv, internet, phone for a few days. It was a nice break from all the political calls and ads to be honest.

Eric had flown to Minneapolis on Sunday before the storm and then wasn't able to get back home on Monday as planned because all the flights were cancelled. He ended up driving home and got back on Tuesday. Ethan and I rode the storm out together. I even had to call 911 in the middle of the night when a power line snapped at our neighbors house and was sparking fire balls on their roof.


Picture of typical damage here in Cleveland. Trees pulled all their roots up with them.

Power Lines

Our backyard. Big branch snapped at our neighbors house taking down power lines. They are all still w/out power.

No comments:

Post a Comment