I was finally ready to start pushing around 5 am on Wednesday. This continued for 3 hours. I'll spare you the details, but it was rough. We found out why when he came out and weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 inches long at 7:45 am on 10/12/11. Hearing his cry and seeing his beautiful little face was the most amazing thing I've ever seen after 28 long hours of labor.
| They gave him right to me immediately after he was born. I'd never seen such a cute little boy before. |
| In the warmer getting checked up on. Poor guy had quite the cone head from the long labor. |
| Getting weighed. I love how he's hanging on to the scale. Note the weight on the scale. |
| All warmed up and looking at Daddy. |
| Snuggling with Daddy. Eric is absolutely enamored with him. He can hardly stand to put him down. |
| We had some mommy and me time while Eric went home to shower. Yes I dressed him in little outfits in the hospital. The nurses loved it. |
| Exhausted but very happy mommy. |
| The hospital gives us a "celebratory meal" after he's born. I thought that was really nice. You just get a fancier menu to choose from and they make it look all pretty. Note the flower. |
| We were hoping to be home on Friday by the time Gram arrived, but unfortunately the circumcision took a long time to get in for so we didn't get home till 4:30. He loves snuggling his Gram. |
| All dressed and ready to go home! |
| First car ride! |
No comments:
Post a Comment