Monday, July 4, 2011

Decorating the Nursery

Ethan's Gram and Pa Argotsinger came up over the 4th of July weekend to help us get the nursery ready. We had to do some work to the walls to get them looking a little more smooth, then we painted, put in a new light fixture, and built the crib and changing table. It was really nice to have some help doing all of this, especially since I'm a bit more useless than normal. We've still got some finishing touches to put in place and my mom ordered us a rocking chair which will arrive soon. I plan to do a little mural on the wall with the help of our friend Dan with some of the colorful Dr. Seuss fish. We have to know exactly where the crib will be in the room first though and we won't know that until the rocking chair arrives. We're feeling really good about having the nursery pretty much ready and it's absolutely adorable!
Pa and Daddy building the changing table. They built it in our bedroom while my mom and I painted.

Painting!

Hanging the curtain rod.

Building the crib. 

Crib's all done!

I love this changing table/dresser. I already have the clothes I've gotten him in the drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment